When we moved into our house in the woods, which the previous owners built as their summer home, the basement shower hadn't been used in a couple years. I took my chemical goodness to it, and it did a pretty good job. Then I took this recipe to it, waited overnight, and had a sparkling clean bathroom in the morning. So, in my experience, this recipe isn't just as good as the chemical stuff- it's better. It's also cheaper too- especially if you buy your dish soap in bulk.
Soap Scum Buster
- Heat white vinegar on the stove or in the microwave until hot, but not boiling
- In large measuring glass combine Dawn and vinegar, pour into a clean spray bottle.
- Saturate shower- and sink area, if needed- with spray.
- Soak for at least two hours, then wipe away with damp cloth.
- Always spot-test on delicate surfaces first.
- It has to be Blue Dawn! Nothing else has even come close.
- The vinegar smell is strong- but worth it (wink).
- This is great for spraying at night, then wiping down first thing in the morning.
- Original recipe via Life, Crafts & Whatever